Call for Submissions
Pennsylvania Educational Leadership (PEL) Journal
Pennsylvania Educational Leadership (PEL) is an open-access, peer-reviewed journal published twice per year and accepts manuscripts year-round. Topics address the interests and concerns of Pennsylvania educators at all levels. We welcome a wide variety of manuscripts including (but not limited to) single study inquiries, qualitative and quantitative research, theoretical and conceptual pieces, historical analyses, literature reviews, action research, and first-person narratives.
Beginning spring 2014, the journal began including a Practitioner’s Page highlighting the voices, thoughts, and opinions of educators in the field. Submissions for the Practitioners Page can take a variety of formats including (but not limited to) book reviews, policy reviews, and critical reflections on current educational issues and trends. Individuals choosing to submit to the Practitioners Page should follow the same submission guidelines as those submitting manuscripts with the exception of the Abstract. Authors must also indicate that the submission is intended for the Practitioners Page on the cover sheet.
Manuscripts should be emailed to Dr. Mary Wolf (PEL Editor) initially to review all submissions. Submissions evaluated as appropriate for review are then sent to three readers for blind review. Manuscripts should follow the guidelines set forth by the American Psychological Association.
Before submitting a manuscript to PEL, please consider the following guidelines carefully:
- Your manuscript should be submitted as a single Word document and include a cover sheet, abstract, body/text, tables, charts, and figures (if applicable), and references list. If possible, please include the Digital Object Identifiers (DOI) for all electronic sources. The manuscript should be typed in 12-point font, Times New Roman, with one-inch margins. The text should be double-spaced.
- The cover sheet should include the title and author information, including contact information for the primary author, including mailing address, email address, and phone number. On this page, the author should indicate that the manuscript has not been submitted elsewhere for publication. If the manuscript involves the use of human subjects, the author should indicate whether Institutional Review Board approval has been granted unless deemed exempt.
- The second page of the submitted manuscript is the abstract page. The abstract should be 150 words or fewer. The abstract should include the purpose of the manuscript and essential findings or discussion points.
- The author(s) should remove any references that might be self-identifying from the body of the text to ensure blind review of the manuscript.
- The references page will follow the body of the text and any tables, charts, or figures. Please be sure to check that all in-text citations match references in the list and that the list is properly formatted using APA guidelines. Please include the DOI for electronic sources.
- The deadline for submitting manuscripts for the Fall/Winter edition of PEL is August 15 and the Spring/Summer edition is January 31.
Questions regarding a possible submission, submissions under review, or submissions requiring revision can be directed to Dr. Mary Wolf (Editor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.